San Salvador, August 1 (RHC)-- Cuban hero Fernando González, President of the Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) was received Monday in San Salvador by Salvadorian President Salvador Sánchez Cerén.
During the exchange, both dignitaries debated aspects related to bilateral ties, and the complex regional and international situation. Sánchez Cerén praised Cuba's internationalism. He highlighted what he described as 'Cuba's invaluable contribution to several social programs launched by his government in sectors like health, education, culture and sports.'
González, one of the Cuban Five, who spent long, unfair sentences in the U.S. for fighting terrorism, visited El Salvador to participate in the 2nd Central American Meeting of Solidarity with Cuba, which gathered activists from the region and beyond.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10109
- today: 687
- online: 247
- total: 7083780