San Salvador, August 1 (RHC)-- Cuban hero Fernando González, President of the Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) was received Monday in San Salvador by Salvadorian President Salvador Sánchez Cerén.
During the exchange, both dignitaries debated aspects related to bilateral ties, and the complex regional and international situation. Sánchez Cerén praised Cuba's internationalism. He highlighted what he described as 'Cuba's invaluable contribution to several social programs launched by his government in sectors like health, education, culture and sports.'
González, one of the Cuban Five, who spent long, unfair sentences in the U.S. for fighting terrorism, visited El Salvador to participate in the 2nd Central American Meeting of Solidarity with Cuba, which gathered activists from the region and beyond.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 3764
- online: 155
- total: 6669760