San Salvador, August 1 (RHC)-- Cuban hero Fernando González, President of the Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) was received Monday in San Salvador by Salvadorian President Salvador Sánchez Cerén.
During the exchange, both dignitaries debated aspects related to bilateral ties, and the complex regional and international situation. Sánchez Cerén praised Cuba's internationalism. He highlighted what he described as 'Cuba's invaluable contribution to several social programs launched by his government in sectors like health, education, culture and sports.'
González, one of the Cuban Five, who spent long, unfair sentences in the U.S. for fighting terrorism, visited El Salvador to participate in the 2nd Central American Meeting of Solidarity with Cuba, which gathered activists from the region and beyond.
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Cuba advances towards fulfilling all 17 goals contained in Agenda 2030 of the United Nations
- Cuban Volleyball players ready to sign pro contracts
- European Economy shrinks!
- Cuban lawmakers prepare bills for weekend legislature vote
- President Diaz-Canel assures that development of Cuba’s tourism industry will keep its pace despite Washington's blockake
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3219
- today: 2527
- online: 147
- total: 6136044