Havana, August 3 (RHC)-- Port authorities from Cuba and Houston, in the U.S. State of Texas, signed Wednesday in Havana a memorandum of friendship and cooperation at the island’s Ministry of Transport.
The document was signed by Capitan José Joaquín Prado Falero, Director General of Cuba’s Port Administration and Ricky W. Kunz, Chief Commercial Officer for Port Houston.
It aims to facilitate and promote trade between Cuba and the United States, as well as generate new business opportunities and strengthen ties between the two nations.
According to reports, the document is also designed to promote joint research and information exchanges toward improving port services, market studies and collaborative projects.
The memorandum provides also for personnel training and technological exchanges between the two entities.
Cuban authorities have thus far signed memorandums of understanding with Port Authorities from Virginia, Louisiana, Lake Charles, New Orleans, Alabama, Gulfport, Mississippi and Pascagoula.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 31 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 30 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 29 , 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6758
- today: 2530
- online: 180
- total: 8067589