Havana, August 12 (RHC-PL) -- The first vice president of the Cuban Institute for Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP) Elio Gamez highlighted the principle of solidarity that guided the life and work of Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro, on the occasion of his 91st birthday anniversary.
In a tribute-paying ceremony, held at the ICAP headquarters, Gamez said Fidel Castro not only belongs to the Cuban people, but also to the history of mankind, because his actions are examples to follow by all nations and peoples the world over.
The president of the International Committee for People's Peace, Justice and Dignity, Argentinian activist Graciela Ramirez said it was a great honor to speak about Fidel few days before his 91st birthday anniversary (on August 13), even when the shock for his death last November, here in Havana, still reigns.
Ramirez said that the Cuban Commander in Chief left an indelible legacy for all revolutionaries in Latin America, especially in these times, when the right in the region is closing ranks in their attempt to bring down progressive governments and forces.
Participants in Friday's ceremony praised the achievements of the Cuban Revolution under Fidel's leadership.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 2107
- online: 120
- total: 6143258