Havana, September 4 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo has urged Cubans to participate in the electoral process that begins this Monday, September 4th, with a series of neighborhood meetings across the country to nominate candidates to the municipal assemblies of people's power.
Lazo released a message published by Cuban press, in which he urges voters to nominate candidates, who best serve their interests towards further consolidating Cuba's socialist, participatory democracy. He recalled that the Cuban electoral process is one of very few in the world, where voters nominate their representatives openly and directly in public meetings.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 4419
- online: 153
- total: 6627310