Havana, September 7 (RHC)-- Cuban tourism authorities have taken a series of measures to guarantee full protection for more than 51 foreign tourists, who are currently visiting the country.
Addressing a meeting Thursday of the Civil Defense Council in Camagüey province, Tourism Minister Manuel Marrero said that Canada supports this efforts.
Marrero noted that the Canadian tourists, who were vacationing on the keys north of central Cuba are returning home, given that the region is right on the storm's path. Sixty percent of foreign tourists to the keys are Canadian.
The top Cuban tourism official further said that visitors from other nations are being transferred to safer tourist facilities in Varadero, Havana, Trinidad, Cienfuegos and Camagüey.
The Cuban tourism minister said measures have also been taken to protect foreign tourists lodged in private rental homes, including their transfer to safer locations if necessary.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3202
- today: 3248
- online: 159
- total: 5544227