September 18 (RHC/Granma)-- Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez is in New York to participate in the High-Level Debate of the UN General Assembly, taking place from September 19th to the 25th.
Minister Rodriguez is scheduled to speak this Thursday, September 21st. A report from Prensa Latina news agency says during his address, the Cuban Foreign Minister will denounce the continuation of Washington's economic, commercial and financial blockade, in effect for over 55 years now. He will also call for a new world order based on justice and equity.
The UN General Assembly gathers 193 member states. The Assembly's high-level debate this year is titled “Focusing on People: Striving for Peace and a Decent Life for All on a Sustainable Planet.” More than 130 heads of State and Government are expected to participate in the UN General Assembly session.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 2954
- online: 111
- total: 5262482