Mexico City, September 30 (RHC)-- Mexico has recognized Cuba's generous, caring and brotherly gesture in sending a medical brigade to attend earthquake victims in Oaxaca, one of the states hardest hit by these natural events.
Miguel Díaz Reynoso, director of Latin America and the Caribbean of the Mexican Foreign Ministry, who along with other authorities, received the Cuban health professionals yesterday and thanked them for their assistance.
The Henry Reeve International Contingent of Specialist Doctors in Disaster and Severe Epidemics Division has served 27 times in 19 countries.
It is composed of doctors, nurses, psychologists, anesthetists and physical therapists, laboratory technicians, among other specialists.
In addition to the health personnel who will provide their services in Mexico, Cuba donated a field hospital with more than ten tons of medical equipment, medicines and supplies.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 2532
- online: 137
- total: 4938438