Moscow, October 2 (RHC-PL)-- Cuba will participate at the 19th World Festival of Youth and Students with a delegation of 290 members.
The festival will bring together 20,000 young people from some 150 countries to discuss peace, solidarity, anti-imperialist struggle and cooperation at the Sochi Olympic Village in southern Russia from October 14th to the 22nd.
Joan Cabo Mijares, a member of the National Young Communist League (UJC), told Prensa Latina news agency that the Cuban delegation to the festival is one of the largest and will have important responsibilities in the festival program.
She said that for the Cuban delegation, a very important motivation is the fact that among the figures to which the festival is dedicated is that of Commander in Chief Fidel Castro, and so we will be there with activities to remember him.
And the Cuban youth leader said the World Festival of Youth and Students is also about strengthening ties of solidarity with other countries, with many young people from other parts of the world who are immersed in important battles and struggles against imperialism.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6766
- today: 3182
- online: 274
- total: 8095076