Prague, October 9 (RHC)-- Scores of citizens of the Czech Republic urged the United States to lift its illegal economic, commercial and financial blockade of Cuba, which has been criminally enforced against the small Caribbean island nation by the most powerful country in the world for over half a century.
With several Cuban residents, journalists and diplomats as guests, the Czech protesters noted that the blockade has constrained the development of Cuba in such vital areas as health, education, culture, science and sports.
The enforcement by successive U.S. administrations of such a criminal measure has caused the Cuban nation huge financial losses.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 1417
- online: 109
- total: 5042581