Oaxaca, October 9 (RHC/Prensa Latina) – Mexican Healthcare Secretary Jose Narro has visited the Cuban medical brigade treating victims of the September 7 earthquake in the state of Oaxaca.
The Mexican minister toured a field hospital set up by Cuba, on the grounds of a sports stadium in the town of Ixtepec. The medical facility provides services to the residents of Ixaltepec and Juchitlan, severely hit by the earthquake.
Dr. Rolando Piloto, head of the Cuban team, briefed the Mexican federal health minister on the results of the first four days of work. He said Cuban doctors have seen more than two thousand patients and performed 23 surgeries.
The hospital spreads in tents, from which, in addition to surgeries, the Cuban doctors provide emergency services in orthopedics, pediatrics, gynecology and traumatology, among others.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4612
- today: 1214
- online: 92
- total: 4247115