United Nations, October 11 (RHC)-- Venezuela's permanent representative to the United Nations, Rafael Ramírez, condemned Wednesday the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States on Cuba.
Speaking to the media, the diplomat highlighted the social achievements of the Caribbean nation despite the blockade that has lasted more than half a century.
Three weeks before a new vote in the UN General Assembly on a draft resolution calling for an end to Washington's unilateral sanctions, Ramirez expressed his admiration for Cuban achievements and internationalism with nations around the world.
- Bruno Rodriguez: Despite threats and pressures, the US will never succeed in securing political concessions from Cuba
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 8
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT Sept.20
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Political crisis continues in Spain
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 19
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3525
- today: 1287
- online: 116
- total: 6396113