Havana, October 18 (RHC)-- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo met Tuesday in Havana with his visiting Haitian counterpart Youri Latortue, with whom he reasserted Cuba's readiness and willingness to further strengthen its assistance to and cooperation with Haiti in several sectors, including health, education.
Lazo noted that cooperation relations are based on historical friendship and solidarity ties.
The top Haitian legislator thanked his Cuban counterpart for the warm welcome. He praised Cuba's permanent support for and cooperation with the Haitian people and reasserted Haitian authorities' interest in further expanding and strengthening bilateral links, including exchanges between both nations' legislative bodies.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 3371
- online: 111
- total: 6071835