Foreign Trade Minister Rodrigo Malmierca
Havana, October 20 (RHC)-- Preparations are underway for Havana's International Trade Fair (FIHAV 2017), to be held from October 30th through November 3rd in the Expocuba fairgrounds.
The gathering is expected to strengthen and diversify Cuba's opportunities for economic development.
Some 60 countries are expected to exhibit their portfolios of products at the trade fair, which will celebrate its 25th edition.
Cuba´s Foreign Trade Minister Rodrigo Malmierca will lead an investment forum and will disclose the island's investment opportunities for 2017-2018.
In remarks to the press in Havana, Malmierca said that the new opportunities prioritize strategic sectors of the Islands economic development plan through 2030, approved by the 7th Communist Party Congress.
The minister added that despite the reinforcement of the U.S. blockade on Cuba, 16 of the 300 companies participating in the event will come from the United States, a testament of interest among U.S. businessmen to establish trade relations with the island.
FIHAV 2017's main purpose is to attract foreign investment to Cuba and promote a host of Cuban-made products, services and projects of national companies. More than 2 500 exhibitors and 50 chambers of commerce are expected to attend.
China, Venezuela, Russia and Spain -- currently Cuba's top trading partners -- will be the countries with the highest representation in the event.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 28
- Yusuam Palacios: we must continue learning from José Martí to confront and overcome the problems humanity faces today
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #62
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 27
- 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz: Ksenia Olkhova, a survivor of the Nazis concentration camp, shares her story
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11638
- today: 10870
- online: 182
- total: 7115221