Katherine Muller-Marin, Interim Resident Coordinator of the United Nations in Cuba
Havana, October 24 (RHC)-- Katherine Muller-Marin, Interim Resident Coordinator of the United Nations here in Cuba, said that Cuba is on the right track toward fulfilling, well in advance, the millennium development goals and UN Agenda 2030.
In statements to the press in Havana, Muller-Marin, Director of UNESCO's Regional Office in Latin America and the Caribbean, underscored that when the 17 development goals contained in Agenda 2030 were first set by the international body Cuba was already moving toward achieving most of them.
Evidence of this, she said, are the good indicators the Caribbean state enjoys in key sectors like human development, health care and education coverage, among others.
- Bruno Rodriguez: it is imperative that states refrain from excerpting pressure on others, in violation of international law
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Mass protests in Puerto Rico in demand of Governor Ricardo Rosselló’s resignation
- Race for Nelson Mandela in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4252
- today: 1420
- online: 142
- total: 6164441