Havana, October 27 (RHC-Granma)-- China and Cuba have signed five agreements geared toward strengthening trade and economic ties at the island’s Ministry of Foreign Trade and Investment.
The documents include framework agreements for China to provide concessional lines of credit for the repair and modernization of Cuba’s Electronics Industry Enterprise; an accord to expand the production of solar panels at the Ernesto Che Guevara Electronic Components Entity in Pinar del Río; and the launch of the fifth phase of the Technical Assistance for Agriculture in Cuba Project.
The agreements were signed by Cuban Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca; and Chen Xi, ambassador of the People’s Republic of China on the island.
Xi also presented Cuba with a donation of one million USD to support recovery efforts in areas affected by Hurricane Irma.
The signing of these documents reaffirms the willingness of both governments and peoples to strengthen and expand bilateral economic and commercial relations, and in so doing give continuity to various projects.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 659
- online: 106
- total: 5437381