Paris, November 6 (RHC)-- At the headquarters of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, UNESCO, in Paris on Monday, scientists Shahida Hasnain from Pakistan and Samir Saha from Bangladesh received the Carlos J Finlay award for microbiology, a prize instituted on the initiative of the Cuban government.
The winners of the recognition were selected by the general director of the international organization, based on the recommendations of an international jury made up of experts in the field.
The award was given during the 39th Session of UNESCO's General Conference, which began last week and runs until November 14th with the participation of representatives from the UN's 195 member states.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 591
- online: 105
- total: 4950255