Paris, November 8 (RHC)-- Outgoing Director General of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Irina Bokova met Tuesday in Paris with Elba Rosa Pérez, Cuba's Minister for Science, Technology and the Environment.
The Cuban minister conveyed congratulations from Cuban authorities, acknowledging the excellent job carried out by the outgoing UNESCO chief over her eight-year mandate.
Bokova thanked Cuba for what she described as the island's active participation in and permanent support for UNESCO and the organization's many tasks and missions around the world.
The meeting between the Cuban minister and the outgoing UNESCO chief took place in the context of the 39th General Conference of UNESCO, which began last week and runs through November 14th at the organization's headquarters in Paris, France.
- North Korean Foreign Minister Begins Official Visit to Cuba
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Qva Libre)
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Visiting Puerto Rican Independence Activist Oscar López Rivera Pays Tribute to Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
- The World's Wealth In Few Hands
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4263
- today: 605
- online: 185
- total: 3989481