Oscar López Rivera
Havana, November 14 (RHC)-- Puerto Rican independence fighter Oscar López Rivera received Cuba's Order of Solidarity, granted by the Cuban Council of State to renowned personalities from around the world.
López Rivera, who served nearly 36 years of unjust imprisonment in the United States, was presented with the order during a ceremony held Tuesday at the José Martí Memorial in Havana's Revolution Square.
The Puerto Rican independentista is here on an official visit, invited by the Cuban Friendship Institute (ICAP).
On this, his first visit ever to Cuba, López Rivera has already toured places of interest, including Old Havana, and has met with representatives of Cuban institutions, grassroots and social organizations.
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with foreign ministry officials
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Aragón Orchestra)
- U.S. Congressional Delegation Visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 742
- online: 101
- total: 4362224