Oscar López Rivera
Havana, November 27 (RHC)-- Cuban President Raúl Castro met in Havana over the weekend with Puerto Rican Independence leader Oscar López Rivera, who concluded his first visit to Cuba. During the fraternal encounter, Raul and Lopez Rivera paid tribute to the memory of Revolution leader Fidel Castro, on the first anniversary of his death commemorated Saturday, November 25th.
Both leaders renewed their personal commitment to continue defending the inalienable right of the Puerto Rican people to their self-determination and independence.
During the meeting, López Rivera underscored the importance of unity as the only way to win the decolonization of Puerto Rico.
Shortly before departing from Havana Sunday afternoon, the Puerto Rican independentista praised Cuba, as an example of how much a united, determined people can accomplish regardless of how powerful their enemies might be.
López Rivera visited Cuba at the invitation of the Havana-based Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP). During his stay, he fulfilled a packed agenda and was presented with various distinctions, among them the Order of Solidarity granted by the Cuban Council of State.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6682
- today: 805
- online: 279
- total: 8034345