Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- The President of the National Electoral Commission, Alina Balseiro has confirmed the election of 11400 delegates during municipal elections of People's Power held on November 26th.
In releasing the official results of the first round of general elections, the top electoral authority said that more than 7 million 600 eligible voters cast their ballot, representing over 89 percent, which further attests, she said, to the broad support of the people for their political system, as well as the democratic and participatory character of Cuba's electoral system.
Alina Balseiro further stated that 1100 electoral districts, representing 8.78 percent, will have to hold a second round of municipal elections this coming Sunday, December 3, as no candidate garnered the required 50 plus one percent of the vote.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 2572
- online: 202
- total: 5754946