Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- The President of the National Electoral Commission, Alina Balseiro has confirmed the election of 11400 delegates during municipal elections of People's Power held on November 26th.
In releasing the official results of the first round of general elections, the top electoral authority said that more than 7 million 600 eligible voters cast their ballot, representing over 89 percent, which further attests, she said, to the broad support of the people for their political system, as well as the democratic and participatory character of Cuba's electoral system.
Alina Balseiro further stated that 1100 electoral districts, representing 8.78 percent, will have to hold a second round of municipal elections this coming Sunday, December 3, as no candidate garnered the required 50 plus one percent of the vote.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 4743
- online: 173
- total: 6765813