Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- The President of the National Electoral Commission, Alina Balseiro has confirmed the election of 11400 delegates during municipal elections of People's Power held on November 26th.
In releasing the official results of the first round of general elections, the top electoral authority said that more than 7 million 600 eligible voters cast their ballot, representing over 89 percent, which further attests, she said, to the broad support of the people for their political system, as well as the democratic and participatory character of Cuba's electoral system.
Alina Balseiro further stated that 1100 electoral districts, representing 8.78 percent, will have to hold a second round of municipal elections this coming Sunday, December 3, as no candidate garnered the required 50 plus one percent of the vote.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 2874
- online: 133
- total: 5547298