Havana, December 1 (RHC)-- The President of the National Electoral Commission, Alina Balseiro has confirmed the election of 11400 delegates during municipal elections of People's Power held on November 26th.
In releasing the official results of the first round of general elections, the top electoral authority said that more than 7 million 600 eligible voters cast their ballot, representing over 89 percent, which further attests, she said, to the broad support of the people for their political system, as well as the democratic and participatory character of Cuba's electoral system.
Alina Balseiro further stated that 1100 electoral districts, representing 8.78 percent, will have to hold a second round of municipal elections this coming Sunday, December 3, as no candidate garnered the required 50 plus one percent of the vote.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 3059
- online: 124
- total: 5044223