Havana, February 19 (RHC)-- Over 35 million Guatemalan citizens have been assisted by Cuban health professionals since 1998, when the island began its medical collaboration program with that Central American nation.
According to official statistics that include January of 2014, the Cuban doctors assisted a total 35 million 883 thousand 459 patients, and saved 287 thousand 658 lives.
Saving lives means for the brigade assisting a patient recovering from serious or critical conditions thanks to the treatment received no matter the diagnosis announced.
Guatemalan president Otto Perez Molina and foreign minister Fernando Carrera have publicly acknowledged the work of the Cuban medical personnel in the Central American country.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3957
- today: 3404
- online: 138
- total: 5237938