Havana, February 19 (RHC)-- Over 35 million Guatemalan citizens have been assisted by Cuban health professionals since 1998, when the island began its medical collaboration program with that Central American nation.
According to official statistics that include January of 2014, the Cuban doctors assisted a total 35 million 883 thousand 459 patients, and saved 287 thousand 658 lives.
Saving lives means for the brigade assisting a patient recovering from serious or critical conditions thanks to the treatment received no matter the diagnosis announced.
Guatemalan president Otto Perez Molina and foreign minister Fernando Carrera have publicly acknowledged the work of the Cuban medical personnel in the Central American country.
- Cuban president rejects U.S. interference
- Cuban scholar: the Trump administration will fail because they do not understand Cuba's reality
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- In Brazil, weapons may be freely used
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2791
- today: 2851
- online: 133
- total: 5559631