Havana, December 14 (RHC-Granma)-- The Computing and Electronics Youth Club's development group has created a new product to enhance learning and entertainment for Cuban families. Ludox, the country's first online platform created by a national institution to play video games on the web is available at enlaceludox.cubava.cu.
The site is accessible from any device - cell phone, tablet, or PC - and the games can be enjoyed offline and on the web individually, or online playing with other users, according to MSc Danays Moreno, director of the institution's programs.
Although it's too early to talk about a video game industry in Cuba, the first steps have already begun and Ludox is proof.
Ludox also aims to encourage Cuban developers who are independently creating video games with the tools they have.
According to Danays Moreno Moreno, the Youth Club is calling on all agencies, institutions or self-taught individuals who participate in the development of video games in Cuba, to send their content to be included on the portal.
- RHC's national and international news stories
- NOTES ON THE REVOLUTION / Column 7
- Attacks on Saudi Arabia sparks tension in the Middle East
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3988
- today: 930
- online: 120
- total: 6380949