Cienfuegos, December 22 (RHC- PL)-- A collaboration project between China and Cuba will soon increase the electricity generating capacity through solar energy in Cienfuegos, a province in the south central part of the island.
According to local media, the investment will take place in the Yaguaramas photovoltaic park, where electricity generating capacity by solar energy will be increased to 16 megawatts per hour, which up to now only produces five megawatts / hour during peak demand.
The Chinese technicians, together with Cuban specialists, will evaluate the start-up of the installation in the coming days, which must be synchronized with the National Electric System before the end of the year.
The Yaguaramas photovoltaic park is the fifth of its kind in Cienfuegos, where it generates almost 40 thousand megawatts of electricity from those centers.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4694
- today: 4039
- online: 165
- total: 6760958