Cienfuegos, December 22 (RHC- PL)-- A collaboration project between China and Cuba will soon increase the electricity generating capacity through solar energy in Cienfuegos, a province in the south central part of the island.
According to local media, the investment will take place in the Yaguaramas photovoltaic park, where electricity generating capacity by solar energy will be increased to 16 megawatts per hour, which up to now only produces five megawatts / hour during peak demand.
The Chinese technicians, together with Cuban specialists, will evaluate the start-up of the installation in the coming days, which must be synchronized with the National Electric System before the end of the year.
The Yaguaramas photovoltaic park is the fifth of its kind in Cienfuegos, where it generates almost 40 thousand megawatts of electricity from those centers.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11159
- today: 6740
- online: 255
- total: 7048270