Havana, December 28 (RHC)-- The slate committees of the National Assembly of People's Power, the Cuban parliament, are preparing the way for the second stage of next year's elections.
In statements to the newspaper Trabajadores, Gisela Duarte Vázquez, president of the National Slate Commission, explained that the commissions approach pre-candidates to prepare the biographies that will then be presented for the voters to consult, so they can exercise their right to vote when the date is announced.
She recalled that in the recent plenary session of the National Assembly of People's Power, an agreement was reached to extend the mandate of the provincial assemblies until March 25.
The present legislature will conclude on April 19th next year, when its vice-president and president will be elected, as well as the Council of the State and its presidency.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5523
- today: 4214
- online: 243
- total: 6645572