Havana, December 28 (RHC)-- The slate committees of the National Assembly of People's Power, the Cuban parliament, are preparing the way for the second stage of next year's elections.
In statements to the newspaper Trabajadores, Gisela Duarte Vázquez, president of the National Slate Commission, explained that the commissions approach pre-candidates to prepare the biographies that will then be presented for the voters to consult, so they can exercise their right to vote when the date is announced.
She recalled that in the recent plenary session of the National Assembly of People's Power, an agreement was reached to extend the mandate of the provincial assemblies until March 25.
The present legislature will conclude on April 19th next year, when its vice-president and president will be elected, as well as the Council of the State and its presidency.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 3105
- online: 120
- total: 5262633