Varadero, December 29 (RHC-PL)-- The resort of Varadero, the main destination for sun and sand in Cuba, received a record number of one million 700 thousand foreign visitors in 2017.
The Cuban Tourism Ministry said that for the tenth consecutive year, beach resort hosted more than one million foreign tourists.
Canada maintained its leadership as the main market for vacationers, while Germany consolidated its presence, and countries such as Russia, Spain and France stand out with growth in the arrival of customers.
According to the statement, there has been progress at Varadero, such as improvements in roads and sidewalks, lighting common areas along with the visual image of the beach resort, coupled with actions to recover the sand dunes, and greater comfort in hotel facilities.
On December 31st, an initial flight of the airline Andes de Argentina will arrive at the Juan Gualberto Gómez International Airport in Varadero, to begin scheduled weekly flights between the South American nation and that air terminal.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 15, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 14, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 13, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 12, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 11, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 10, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6588
- today: 4914
- online: 282
- total: 8340051