Federica Mogherini (File Photo)
Havana, January 3 (RHC)—The High Representative of the EU for Foreign Affairs and Security Federica Mogherini is starting an official visit to Cuba Wednesday.
The trip is meant to boost relations between the European Union and the Caribbean island, after the Agreement of Political Dialogue and Cooperation between both was signed in November 2016.
The pact, which entered into provisional application on November 1, 2017, is the new legal framework for EU-Cuba relations and it foresees enhanced political dialogue, improved bilateral cooperation and the development of joint action in multilateral fora.
The full implementation of the accord requires the approval by the Parliaments of the Union´s 28 member states.
During her visit, Mogherini will analyze political and commercial relations with Havana, and will hold a meeting with Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez on Thursday.
Her agenda also includes meetings with the president of the National Assembly of People´s Power, Esteban Lazo, and the Minister of Foreign Trade and Foreign Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca.
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3883
- today: 1632
- online: 133
- total: 5243947