Havana, January 5 (RHC)-- The students and professors of the University of Havana celebrate Friday the 290th anniversary of the founding of this institution, dedicated on this occasion to the historical leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro.
On the prime-time TV program The Round Table, the rector of the university, Gustavo Cobreiro, emphasized that being the first institution in the country to receive the award of excellence, the challenge is to ratify its status when there is a new evaluation in 2021.
Other university directors invited to the program commented that as part of the improvement of education it has been decided to shorten the training time of some university students to four years.
They also referred to the need to change paradigms, create tools to stimulate self-learning, give more participation to the student in the construction of knowledge and establish more links between the community and society.
They also highlighted that the University of Havana has developed a broad portfolio of science products, including biomaterials and biostimulants of plant growth.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2166
- online: 95
- total: 5936989