Havana, January 8 (RHC)-- Cubans marked Monday the 59th anniversary of the arrival of the Freedom Caravan, led by Fidel Castro, after the revolutionary triumph in January 1959.
The Freedom Caravan is the name given to the road journey of more than one thousand kilometers taken by the Rebel Army from east to west across the country, after the triumph of the Revolution. The caravan's journey began on January 2nd, arriving in Havana on the 8th.
From Havana, the caravanistas continued on their journey to Pinar del Río -- Cuba's westernmost province -- where they arrived on January 17th, 1959, thus consolidating the revolutionary triumph.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3219
- today: 3809
- online: 112
- total: 6137326