Havana, January 8 (RHC)-- Cubans marked Monday the 59th anniversary of the arrival of the Freedom Caravan, led by Fidel Castro, after the revolutionary triumph in January 1959.
The Freedom Caravan is the name given to the road journey of more than one thousand kilometers taken by the Rebel Army from east to west across the country, after the triumph of the Revolution. The caravan's journey began on January 2nd, arriving in Havana on the 8th.
From Havana, the caravanistas continued on their journey to Pinar del Río -- Cuba's westernmost province -- where they arrived on January 17th, 1959, thus consolidating the revolutionary triumph.
- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel receives WHO and PAHO directors
- U.S. activist: Unity, the most important five-letter word in the Cuban Revolution
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- WHO director-general: Cuba is an example for many countries
- Evo Morales ratifies Bolivia's support for Cuba
- Bolivian president Evo Morales begins official visit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4121
- today: 2186
- online: 104
- total: 4611112