Havana, January 18 (RHC-PL)-- The Cuban Center for Youth Studies has outlined several activities for International Youth Day, which is celebrated every August 12th.
Among the activities it highlights the 6th Youth Lens Photography Contest, with the deadline for admission on June 29.
According to Ivan Moreno, one of the center's researchers, the contest seeks to motivate children, teenagers and young people to reflect, with their photos, the social reality of the country from approaches such as love of nature, friendship, and family.
The expert said that the materials sent will allow the Center for Youth Studies to enlarge its image bank to accompany research related to the sector.
The General Assembly of the United Nations declared August 12 as International Youth Day in December 1999, following the recommendations of the World Conference of Youth Ministers, which took place from August 8 to 12, 1998, in Lisbon, Portugal.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 7938
- today: 940
- online: 134
- total: 7007347