Havana, January 20 (RHC-PL) -- The Cuban Academy of Language reported Saturday that it will celebrate the 165th anniversary of the birth of the National Hero José Martí, one of the most influential figures in Latin American literature. The Aula Magna of San Geronimo University College in Havana will host the event, on January 26, according to a statement from the entity.
In this way, the institution will begin its commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the wars of independence in Cuba.
The historian and pedagogue, Eduardo Torres Cuevas, director of the José Martí National Library of Cuba and member of the Cuban Language Academy will open the event.
Academics Elina Miranda, Marlen Dominguez, Reynaldo Gonzalez, Roberto Méndez and Rogelio Rodríguez Coronel will share a commented reading of Martí's texts. The pianist and composer Franco Rivero and the tenor Bernardo Lichilín will perform six poems by the Apostle.
- Cuban president reviews key investments in the Mariel Special Development Zone
- Washington's infamous record of twisting the truth to achieve its aims
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trumpt will face his own demons this coming February
- Cuban president: 'we cannot underestimate our historical adversaries'
- Celia Sánchez, a fearless revolutionary
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3171
- today: 2945
- online: 124
- total: 5537498