Havana, January 20 (RHC-PL) -- The Cuban Academy of Language reported Saturday that it will celebrate the 165th anniversary of the birth of the National Hero José Martí, one of the most influential figures in Latin American literature. The Aula Magna of San Geronimo University College in Havana will host the event, on January 26, according to a statement from the entity.
In this way, the institution will begin its commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the wars of independence in Cuba.
The historian and pedagogue, Eduardo Torres Cuevas, director of the José Martí National Library of Cuba and member of the Cuban Language Academy will open the event.
Academics Elina Miranda, Marlen Dominguez, Reynaldo Gonzalez, Roberto Méndez and Rogelio Rodríguez Coronel will share a commented reading of Martí's texts. The pianist and composer Franco Rivero and the tenor Bernardo Lichilín will perform six poems by the Apostle.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 3146
- online: 112
- total: 5255696