It is estimated that half a million people visited the stands at the Book Fair in Havana
Havana, Feb 12 (RHC)-- Cuba´s International Book Fair has concluded its Havana chapter and will now proceed to the rest of the provinces on the island.
The San Carlos Fortress of La Cabaña --the main venue of the event--hosted book launchings, tributes, lectures, performances, exhibits, concerts and award ceremonies.
This edition of the Fair is dedicated to the Historian of Havana, Eusebio Leal, and China is the guest of honor country.
According to preliminary estimates, over 350 thousand books published in Cuba were sold and half a million people visited the stands in Havana.
And for the first time thousands of Cuban titles were available for downloads of e-books, CDs and videos, through Cuba Digital platform.
Some 100 publishers and authors from more than 40 countries are participating in the fair.
The already traditional two-phase fair runs from February 1st through the 11th here in Havana and then, begins traveling across the country with activities in all the major cities and cultural centers island-wide until its official closure on May 13th in Santiago de Cuba.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 267
- online: 100
- total: 6041099