Members of European Parliament pledge to step up actions against U.S. blockade of Cuba
Havana, Feb. 15 (RHC)-- A delegation from the European Parliament visiting Havana pledged to step up actions toward lifting Washington's economic, commercial and financial blockade against Cuba.
The European parliamentarians met Wednesday here in Havana with the deputy president of the Cuban parliament Ana María Mari Machado. They renewed the bloc's condemnation of the U.S. coercive anti-Cuba policy.
At the meeting, Gabi Zimmer, president of the Nordic Green Left within the EU parliament, expressed their interest in learning first hand about the impact of the U.S. blockade on the health, particularly Cuba's capacity to acquire medical equipment bound for pediatric services.
The Cuban legislator thanked the European parliamentarians for their solidarity. The group's visit, which runs through Friday, aims to strengthen links between the EU and the Caribbean state.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 1437
- online: 124
- total: 4471184