Havana, March 2 (RHC-ACN)-- The US city of Minneapolis is hosting the 9th Cuban Film Festival, organized by the Minnesota-Cuba Committee, the Film Society of Minneapolis-St. Paul and the Cuban Film Institute.
The festival opened Thursday with the screening of the Cuban film entitled La Cosa Humana (The Human Thing) directed by Gerardo Chijona and will offer films every Thursday up to April 5th at the St. Anthony Main Theater.
According to the festival's Facebook page the initiative aims at entertaining the public and let the Minnesota people about Cuban culture.
Over the next few weeks, the public will be able to enjoy Cuban films such as Vuelos Prohibidos (Banned Flights) by film director Rigoberto Lopez; Esteban by Jonal Cosculluela and El Techo (The Top) by Patricia Ramos.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2961
- today: 402
- online: 108
- total: 5047701