Havana, March 2 (RHC-ACN)-- The US city of Minneapolis is hosting the 9th Cuban Film Festival, organized by the Minnesota-Cuba Committee, the Film Society of Minneapolis-St. Paul and the Cuban Film Institute.
The festival opened Thursday with the screening of the Cuban film entitled La Cosa Humana (The Human Thing) directed by Gerardo Chijona and will offer films every Thursday up to April 5th at the St. Anthony Main Theater.
According to the festival's Facebook page the initiative aims at entertaining the public and let the Minnesota people about Cuban culture.
Over the next few weeks, the public will be able to enjoy Cuban films such as Vuelos Prohibidos (Banned Flights) by film director Rigoberto Lopez; Esteban by Jonal Cosculluela and El Techo (The Top) by Patricia Ramos.
- Cuban president reviews key investments in the Mariel Special Development Zone
- Washington's infamous record of twisting the truth to achieve its aims
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trumpt will face his own demons this coming February
- Cuban president: 'we cannot underestimate our historical adversaries'
- Celia Sánchez, a fearless revolutionary
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3171
- today: 2975
- online: 158
- total: 5537528