Havana, March 2 (RHC-ACN)-- The US city of Minneapolis is hosting the 9th Cuban Film Festival, organized by the Minnesota-Cuba Committee, the Film Society of Minneapolis-St. Paul and the Cuban Film Institute.
The festival opened Thursday with the screening of the Cuban film entitled La Cosa Humana (The Human Thing) directed by Gerardo Chijona and will offer films every Thursday up to April 5th at the St. Anthony Main Theater.
According to the festival's Facebook page the initiative aims at entertaining the public and let the Minnesota people about Cuban culture.
Over the next few weeks, the public will be able to enjoy Cuban films such as Vuelos Prohibidos (Banned Flights) by film director Rigoberto Lopez; Esteban by Jonal Cosculluela and El Techo (The Top) by Patricia Ramos.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 1371
- online: 149
- total: 4836024