The meeting of the Cuban civil society took place on Wednesday, March 21, 2018
Havana, March 21 (RHC)-- Cuban civil society organizations held a forum Wednesday entitled 'Thinking about the Americas', debating issues on the agenda of the upcoming 8th Summit of the Americas, set for April in Lima, Peru.
The forum served as a space for Cuban civil society to propose, working jointly with international and regional organizations represented on the island, concrete actions to eliminate scourges impacting regional peoples.
Representatives from more than 200 NGOs, religious, scientific and friendship organizations, participating in Wednesday's forum, rejected the exclusion of Venezuela from the upcoming Summit of the Americas by the so-called Lima Group.
Forum participants also denounced the political and media campaigns against progressive and democratically elected governments of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2376
- online: 92
- total: 5937199