Havana, March 22 (RHC)-- The countless achievements of Cuban women under the Revolution will be among the experiences the country's delegation will share at the 8th Summit of the Americas, set for April in Lima, Peru.
Speaking at the 2nd Forum of Cuban Civil Society Wednesday in Havana, Marisol Perez, a representative of the Federation of Cuban Women (FMC), noted that the Cuban Parliament is the second in the world with the largest amount of women deputies, after Ruanda.
Addressing representatives of more than 2 thousand organizations, NGO’s, religious, scientific and fraternal entities, Perez said that at the upcoming Forum of Civil Society in Peru, leading up to the 8th Summit of the Americas, Cuban women will share their experiences and the role that the Federation of Cuban Women has played in the empowerment of the organization's over 4 million members.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 3818
- online: 252
- total: 6764888