Havana, March 26 (RHC)-- The Federation of University Students (FEU) has named Cuban president Raúl Castro a delegate of honor to the organization's 9th Congress, set for July.
FEU President Raúl Alejandro Palmero Fernández announced, over the weekend, other honorary delegates to the top meeting of Cuban university students. They include vice presidents Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez and José Ramón Machado Ventura.
A ceremony was held over the weekend at the University of Havana to commemorate the 115th birthday anniversary of student leader Julio Antonio Mella. During the event, a floral wreath was placed at the monument where Mella's ashes rest, at the foot of the University's iconic stars.
In his remarks, the FEU president noted that Julio Antonio Mella founded the Federation of University Students, the “Alma Máter” magazine and the “José Martí” People’s University. “He took on the representation of his generation in the creation of the first Communist Party in Cuba, which already had the Marxist-Leninism philosophy as its political, philosophical and social platform.
He noted that no one can speak about Mella without emphasizing his Latin-Americanist and anti-imperialist ideas, nor his revolutionary vision.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 2827
- online: 177
- total: 8087955