Cuban deputy foreign minister, Abelardo Moreno. File Photo
Baku, April 5 (RHC)--Cuba´s deputy foreign minister, Abelardo Moreno, reiterated the island´s support to the Non-Aligned Movement, advocated for its unity, and warned about the current complex times for international security and peace.
Moreno is in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, attending the 18th ministerial meeting of the Nonaligned Movement (NAM), which is focusing on the promotion of international peace and security for sustainable development.
In remarks to the event, Moreno rejected US´s military threat, hostility and economic aggression against Venezuela, and he denounced the foreign intervention in the internal affairs of the South American country.
In an interview with Prensa Latina news agency, the diplomat said that the Cuba´s main message to the event is about the need to strengthen the movement as a mechanism of concertation of the countries of the South.
Moreno added that participants at the event condemned the US blockade of more than half a century against Cuba, and the reversal in the progress made in bilateral relations between Washington and Havana.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 2439
- online: 122
- total: 6070903