Tokyo, April 10 - The head of the National Institute of Sports, Education, Physical Education and Recreation (INDER), Antonio Becali, completed Monday the first of several working days in which he will hold exchanges with the Japanese sports authorities to strengthen cooperation for the participation of the Cuban Olympic delegation in the Olympic Games of 2020 in Japan.
To that end, and to expand cooperation in the sporting arena with the Asian nation, Becali was received at the headquarters of Major League Baseball (NPB), and at the Federation of Amateur Baseball (FBJ) of the Asian nation by its top executives, with whom he evaluated new forms of cooperation between both countries with regard to the training of athletes and the practice of this sport, while celebrating the return of baseball to the Tokyo Olympics in 2020.
During his meeting with Atsushi Saito, Commissioner of the NPB, the Cuban sports leader thanked the support of that organization in the hiring of Cuban baseball players in different clubs with highly positive results.
As part of his visit agenda, Becali is also scheduled to meet with his Japanese counterpart, Minister Yoshimasa Hayashi, Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, the Director of the Japanese Sports Agency, Minister in charge of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, as well as the president of the Japanese Olympic Committee, as well as leaders of wrestling, gymnastics and other federations.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4302
- today: 4173
- online: 196
- total: 6751554