Representatives of Cuban NGOs in Lima. Photo/Roberto Suarez
Lima, Apr 11 (RHC) Representatives of Cuba's more than 2,000 NGOs will speak on Wednesday at the Forum of Civil Society and Social Actors, a pre- side event of the Summit of the Americas, whose main theme is “Democratic Governance against Corruption. “
The delegates of the Caribbean nation, grouped under the 15th coalition ‘For an inclusive and respectful world', will debate on the thematic axes of the Eighth Summit, and will bring their input from the results of the debates the Cuban civil society began in October of 2017 in preparation for the Peruvian encounter.
The president of the Cuban Association of the United Nations, Fermín Quiñones Sánchez, said that organizational issues have hampered the exchange of Cuban social actors with other coalitions on criteria regarding the thematic axes of corruption, governance and sustainable development.
In this regard, he criticized that a group of foreign personalities were not accepted to join 15th coallition of the Civil Society Forum, although most of them had requested their accreditation.
On Monday Cuban representatives participated in the First Interreligious Summit of the Americas, in the context of the hemispheric meeting, and they stressed the need that people’s spirituality be taken into consideration when debating the main subjects of the Summit.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 851
- online: 126
- total: 6623742