Havana, February 28 (RHC)-- The 16th Habano Cigar Festival closes Friday evening as it is dedicated to the emblematic H. Upmann cigar brand and a big auction of humidors.
New H. Upmann shapes made from tobacco leaves collected processed during three years at the famous plantations of Vuelta Abajo are at the center of attractions.
Marketing director with the Habanos S.A. Company, Ana Lopez, told reporters that the brand comes in 20 unit boxes.
Another special moment is the election of winners of international Habano contests in the categories of publicity and Sommeliers, while the Habano 2014 prizes will be given in the areas of production, marketing and communication.
The big auction of humidors, genuine works of art made from precious wood, is also at the center of interest during the closing ceremony. The funds collected at the auction will be dedicated to the Cuban pubic health system.
Some 1,500 guests from around the world attended the Festival, which included visits to tobacco plantations in western Pinar del Rio provinces, specialized cigar tasting sessions and marriage of Cuban cigars with rums, vodka and beers.
A large commercial fair displayed a large array of items related to the Habano cigar sector, while experts gave lectures on different issues of interest to cigar lovers, producers and distributors.
The Habano Cigar Festival made headlines in the Cuban press and other specialized media covering the event, which is a major attraction in this part of the world.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 763
- online: 214
- total: 4096718