Havana, Apr 14 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice-President Salvador Valdes Mesa met on Friday in Havana with the vice-president of the African Union Commission, Thomas Kwesi Quartey, who is on a working visit.
The Cuban side described the encounter as fraternal and said the two leaders had spoken about the long-standing friendship and solidarity existing between Cuba and the African nations. Also in the discussion was Cuba's assistance in the medical, educational and professional training fields.
The Cuban vice-president also thanked the African Union leader for Africa's traditional support of Cuba in its demand that the US put an end to the economic, commercial and financial blockade it keeps against the Caribbean island.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4355
- today: 3260
- online: 129
- total: 6635007