Havana, Apr 14 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice-President Salvador Valdes Mesa met on Friday in Havana with the vice-president of the African Union Commission, Thomas Kwesi Quartey, who is on a working visit.
The Cuban side described the encounter as fraternal and said the two leaders had spoken about the long-standing friendship and solidarity existing between Cuba and the African nations. Also in the discussion was Cuba's assistance in the medical, educational and professional training fields.
The Cuban vice-president also thanked the African Union leader for Africa's traditional support of Cuba in its demand that the US put an end to the economic, commercial and financial blockade it keeps against the Caribbean island.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3374
- today: 1609
- online: 140
- total: 5447913