Havana, Apr 14 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice-President Salvador Valdes Mesa met on Friday in Havana with the vice-president of the African Union Commission, Thomas Kwesi Quartey, who is on a working visit.
The Cuban side described the encounter as fraternal and said the two leaders had spoken about the long-standing friendship and solidarity existing between Cuba and the African nations. Also in the discussion was Cuba's assistance in the medical, educational and professional training fields.
The Cuban vice-president also thanked the African Union leader for Africa's traditional support of Cuba in its demand that the US put an end to the economic, commercial and financial blockade it keeps against the Caribbean island.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3219
- today: 1014
- online: 94
- total: 4602134