Havana, Apr 14 (RHC)-- Cuban Vice-President Salvador Valdes Mesa met on Friday in Havana with the vice-president of the African Union Commission, Thomas Kwesi Quartey, who is on a working visit.
The Cuban side described the encounter as fraternal and said the two leaders had spoken about the long-standing friendship and solidarity existing between Cuba and the African nations. Also in the discussion was Cuba's assistance in the medical, educational and professional training fields.
The Cuban vice-president also thanked the African Union leader for Africa's traditional support of Cuba in its demand that the US put an end to the economic, commercial and financial blockade it keeps against the Caribbean island.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2630
- today: 1594
- online: 102
- total: 5865997