Havana, April 19 (RHC)--The newly installed 9th Legislature of the Cuban Parliament will be informed today about the results of the elections for the 31 members of the Council of State, an organ for which Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermudez was proposed as its president.
The proposals to integrate the Council of State and its presidency were introduced Wednesday to the legislators by the National Candidacy Commission.
The Commission also proposed Salvador Valdés for the position of first vice president, and Ramiro Valdés, Roberto Morales, Gladys Bejerano, Inés María Chapman and Beatriz Johnson as vice presidents of the Council of State.
The remaining 23 members of the Council of State, including 13 new members, were also proposed
After the introduction of the slate, the deputies exercised their right to direct and secret vote to elect the Council and its presidency, leaving for today's session the announcement of the results.
After the results are announced, It is expected that outgoing President Raul Castro and his successor will address the lawmakers and the country.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6682
- today: 1228
- online: 419
- total: 8034768