Havana, April 25 (RHC)-- British Ambassador to Cuba Antony Stokes praised the cooperation potential of his country and the island in the tourist sector, which he says will be boosted during the upcoming 38th International Tourism Fair (FIT Cuba 2018), which has the UK as Guest of Honor.
Ambassador Stokes recalled that some 200,000 British vacationers visited Cuba in 2017, a five percent growth compared with the previous year. He said the fair will be the appropriate scenario to exchange on business opportunities between the two countries.
The Fair will take place May 2-6 at Cayo Santa Maria Key, off Cuba's north-central coast. The key hosting the event has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in Cuba.
The diplomat said that Cuba has become a special tourist destination for British tourists especially for its cultural traditions, music, dance and movies.
According to the diplomat, the U.K. highly values its designation as Guest of Honor to the fair and the British delegation will take advantage of the event to promote tourism. The documentary, Ole Ole Ole, on the recent Latin American tour by the Rolling Stones will also be screened.
Stokes announced the attendance of a high-level British mission which will address issues of bilateral interest, such as business opportunities both in tourism and other areas, like biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 2142
- online: 145
- total: 6745221