Tourists in Cuban beach. Photo/Granma
Caibarién, May 2 (RHC)-- FITCuba- the island's showcase for new products in its booming tourism industry, is running through Saturday in the keys located to the north of Caibarien and other localities in the central province of Villa Clara.
The event is being attended by tour operators, journalists, travel agencies and airlines representatives from some 30 countries countries – who will be informed about the main attractions in the island's tourism hot spots
Last September, Hurricane Irma dealt a severe blow to the local tourist industry, but it recovered with lightening speed and it is now ready to welcome some five million visitors this year, reports Granma newspapwer.
Regla Armenteros Mesa, delegate of the Tourism Ministry branch in Villa Clara province, said that some 3,000 professionals of the industry are expected at the event, whose guest of honor this year is the United Kingdom.
Although the Fair will be mainly held in the newly opened Hotel Sercotel Experience Cayo Santa María, it will be extended to the neighboring keys of Ensenachos and Las Brujas, as well as to the cities of Santa Clara, Remedios and Sagua la Grande, whose potential for the leisure industry will be shown to participants.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2756
- today: 1568
- online: 147
- total: 5960940