Ambassador of Cuba meets with CARICOM Secretary-General
Nassau, May 9 (RHC)-- The Ambassador of Cuba to The Bahamas, Ismara Vargas Walter, held a cordial exchange with the Secretary-General of the Caribbean Community, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque, during the XXI Meeting of the Council for Foreign and Community Relations (COFCOR) of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) held on May 7th and 8th.
At the meeting, the secretary general referred to the driving role of Cuba with CARICOM regarding the strengthening of relations in the region.
For her part, the Cuban diplomat highlighted the importance of the international organization in the face of the current challenges of the region. She also stressed Cuba's active dialogue with this organization and the important role it played with the cooperation it offered to various Caribbean countries in health, education, sports, among other areas of cooperation.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 23
- Notes on the Revolution Column / 9
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Rosa Meneses Albizu-Campos: Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Import tax war is escalating!
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez: expulsion of Cuban diplomats from UN further severs diplomatic ties
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3971
- today: 1114
- online: 119
- total: 6399911