Russian foreign affairs minister Serguéi Lavrov. File photo
Havana, May 19 (RHC) -- Russian foreign affairs minister Serguéi Victorovich Lavrov will arrive in Cuba on Tuesday, May 22, for an official visit at the invitation of his Cuban counterpart Bruno Rodriguez.
The visit comes as Russian president Vladimir Putin was among the first world leaders to express condolences over the deadly crash of a passenger jet in Havana on Friday.
The Kremlin said in a statement that Putin sent a telegram of condolences to his Cuban counterpart Miguel Díaz-Canel.
In the telegram, the Russian head of state conveyed words of sympathy and support to the families and friends of those killed, as well as wishes of a speedy recovery to those who survived the crash.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 9620
- today: 5552
- online: 191
- total: 7098265