Havana, May 21 (RHC)-- Shortly after the National Electoral Authority announced the results Sunday evening of the presidential elections in Venezuela, Cuba´s top authorities conveyed to congratulatory messages to re-elected President Nicolas Maduro.
In his message, former president and Communist Party leader Raul Castro said: “With revolutionary pride, I send you, in the name of the Cuban Communist Party as well as my own, the warmest congratulations for your transcendental electoral victory.”
“The brave Venezuelan people have once again displayed loyalty and commitment to the Bolivarian and Chavista revolution.,” wrote Raul Castro.
In conveying his congratulations to Nicolas Maduro, Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel said: “The Bolivarian and Chavista community has demonstrated once again it's determination in defending the legacy of Chavez, who you worthily represent.”
Diaz-Canel added that the Cuban Government will be supportive and offer solidarity regarding any new challenges faced by Mauro’s Government in the new six-year presidential term.
Both letters were posted on Venezuela´s Foreign Affairs Minister Jorge Arreaza´s twitter account.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 1302
- online: 110
- total: 5031573