Havana, May 21 (RHC)-- Shortly after the National Electoral Authority announced the results Sunday evening of the presidential elections in Venezuela, Cuba´s top authorities conveyed to congratulatory messages to re-elected President Nicolas Maduro.
In his message, former president and Communist Party leader Raul Castro said: “With revolutionary pride, I send you, in the name of the Cuban Communist Party as well as my own, the warmest congratulations for your transcendental electoral victory.”
“The brave Venezuelan people have once again displayed loyalty and commitment to the Bolivarian and Chavista revolution.,” wrote Raul Castro.
In conveying his congratulations to Nicolas Maduro, Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel said: “The Bolivarian and Chavista community has demonstrated once again it's determination in defending the legacy of Chavez, who you worthily represent.”
Diaz-Canel added that the Cuban Government will be supportive and offer solidarity regarding any new challenges faced by Mauro’s Government in the new six-year presidential term.
Both letters were posted on Venezuela´s Foreign Affairs Minister Jorge Arreaza´s twitter account.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 2617
- online: 119
- total: 6063695