Havana, May 28 (RHC)-- The Cuban Council of State has convened the National Assembly of People’s Power -- the national parliament -- to meet in extraordinary session on Saturday, June 2nd.
This is the first time the body meets after it was installed in its 9th legislature last April 19th.
According to a state’s council announcement, the meeting´s agenda includes the approval of the membership of the parliament's permanent committees, an analysis of the local government experiment that is being conducted in the provinces of Artemisa and Mayabeque, and the approval of the Constitutional reform process and of the commission that will draft the country’s new Magna Carta.
Approval of the parliamentary friendship groups is also included on the agenda.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 4718
- online: 235
- total: 6765788