Havana, May 29 (RHC)-- The Cuban Ministry of Energy and Mines has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Italian Ministry for the Environment, and Protection of Land and Sea to encourage the use of clean and safe energies.
The document aims to encourage joint efforts in the fight against climate change and the reduction of risks associated with the occurrence of this phenomenon, and aid in the transition towards a sustainable, low carbon economy on the island, reports Granma newspaper.
Rosell Guerra Campaña, director of Renewable Energies of the island´s Ministry of Energy and Mines signed for the Cuban side. He said that the agreement will allow work on joint projects to apply solar photovoltaic technology to improve the electric service in rural areas of the island.
“We expect this memorandum to become a positive example of bilateral cooperation, and that it will make an important contribution to the fulfillment of Cuban policies for the development of renewable energy sources and tits efficient use”, added Guerra.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3180
- today: 3271
- online: 104
- total: 5433870