The documentary entitled “Sacred Fire” by journalist Irma Caceres recalls important moments of the work of a TV crew in Venezuela as well as the concept launched by Chavez and Cuban leader Fidel Castro about the social movement in 21st Century Latin America.
”Sacred Fire” reflects what Chavez and Fidel considered as a lively freedom-oriented spirit of Latin American and Caribbean nations as they propose a viable alternative for human survival amid the global crisis caused by neo-liberalism and capitalism.
Meanwhile, the Cuban Communications Ministry cancelled three postage stamps in tribute to Hugo Chavez at the building hosting the Foreign Ministry.
The initiative was carried out by first deputy foreign minister Marcelino Medina, deputy communications minister Jorge Perdomo and Venezuelan charge d’affaires Edgar Gonzalez.
Other activities in different parts of the island are also included in the homage being paid by Cubans to the Bolivarian leader.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 2504
- online: 230
- total: 6625395